Can't fit power shower, which electric instant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to install an Aqualisa Quartz power shower but there is no practical way of getting a 50 gal tank in the loft to replace or join to my feeble thing that holds about 10 or 15 gals. The way the rafters are and the position of the loft hatch I would have to take a section of ceiling down somewhere and thats a no go.

Too much expense to replace boiler for a combi.

Resigned to replacing the electric shower...

Any recommendations for Triton Topaz 10.5kw or Mira Sport Max 10.8kw or Advance 9.8kw would be greatly welcomed. (Or other alternatives).

And yes, this means upgrading my mcu and running 10mm to shower (all of 2m away) but at least a mate is Part P.

Sponsored Links
You could consider changing your HW cylinder for an unvented or (can't believe I'm saying this) heatstore.

That way you can dispense with your water tank altogether. Make sure the flow rate into the property is 20l/m or better.

You can then fit a (totally quiet) non pumped Quartz or Axis Digital.

simond said:
You could consider changing your HW cylinder for an unvented or (can't believe I'm saying this) heatstore.

Yes, I'd thought of that too but in a previous post I was advised that may cost from £1200 to £2000 which I'm not too keen about.

Looks like I'm after the best of electric and make do.

You can get a coffin shaped tank, or join several tiddlers together. Possible?
My parsimonious view on electric showers is to get two cheap high wattage ones. They always fail suddenly and it gives you time to find another when #1 goes.

Sponsored Links
Even the most slimline coffin tank won't go through my rafters. I only have about 410mm spacing where the bungalow does a right angle. No room anywhere to place a tank without going round the corner. I even bought a round flexi tank because I was told it would squash up but NO WAY!!!

Looking at Triton or Mira electric I suppose.

Nothing wrong with any eleccy shower over 8KW in my opinion, you have already said you are not too keen on shelling out a load of dosh so stick with electric.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back