Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a new electric shower,

In B&Q the ones i am looking at are the

Gainsborough 10.5kw delux £139

The Triton Stabalised spellbind 10.5kw £229

Mira Sport Max 10.8kw £245

Has anyone got any recommendations? I was liking the £139 price tag of the gainsborough.

Thanks.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Mira are the best in my experience but then you pay for what you get. Some models dispel all water in unit after use to reduce limescale build up.
I take it you have a 10mm power supply.
Pete

yep 10mm being fitted by electrician tomorrow.

I assume when the Trton says "temperature stabalised" do they all do this? and is it important?

Well they all have thermostats fitted so should stabilise the temp equally.
Maybe it is a fancy name that Triton use for something else they have added to asist flow temp?
I replace an awful lot of elec showers in London that are only 3 yrs old due to limescale damage.

Gainsborough are good with an excellent parts dept based in the uk. However Mira have alot more experience in showers.
If it was my house it would be a Mira. If a rental or was planning on moving within 3 yrs the Gainsborough
You can get the Mira cheaper online too.
Pete

Sponsored Links
Never had any experience of electric showers but the Mira thermostatic showers which work off the hot and cold supplies are excellent. Temperature control is much easier when you only have a cold feed. If Mira can maintain a constant temperature with separate feeds, toilets flushing, washing machines working etc, it would be a doddle for them to do the same with an electric shower.

Their spares service is very good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back