Need to get a new 10.5Kw shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my shower packed in and i'm going to get a new electric one.

i'm pretty sure the shower runs off the mains and was thinking about getting one thats really powerful.

this means i have to get one with a rating of ~10.5kW yes?

i've taken the other shower off the wall and its got 10mm wire running to it, and what i think is a fairly standard pipe.

will any 10.5kW electric shower give the same flow rate as any other?

i'm just looking for the cheapest, most powerful shower i can get - that i can install myself.

galaxy seem to do relatively cheap showers at 10.5kw about £100
compared to mira sport max 10.8kW about £200

i just want a reliable, strong, hot shower without the bells and whistles

thanks.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/alexanderwmknight/showerwall.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/alexanderwmknight/fitting.jpg

Sponsored Links
what rating was your old one?

if it was lower you would be better speaking to a sparky about installing it, you may have to change the cable, which needs a part p qualified sparky to do so.

But as for the makes go for the Mira, your paying for the customer care and quality, and they are good at helping you out when your in trouble.

when looking at the mira sport max 10.8 thingie it said you needed to have a 10mm cable to be safe, my old one was 8kW and it has a 10mm cable so i'll probably be fine.

the mira costs twice as much as the galaxy and there isn't anything to say it will be a better shower. is it really worth paying £100 for good customer service?

it's not just customer service it's better quality parts, but it sounds like youve made up your mind about which to get ;)

i would still speak to a sparky before installing though.
my old one was 8kW and it has a 10mm cable so i'll probably be fine
not really worth a probably is it :?:

Sponsored Links
Its worth paying £100 pound for good customer service and better quality parts, rather than having to buy another galaxy shower in a year

Phenz said:
when looking at the mira sport max 10.8 thingie it said you needed to have a 10mm cable to be safe, my old one was 8kW and it has a 10mm cable so i'll probably be fine

You need to be 100% sure about this :eek: You will also probably need to upgrade mcb to 40amp and make sure all earth bonding is up to current Part P regs ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back