Urgent help and advice needed a.s.a.p central heating!?!?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to cut a long story short i have a oil run boiler with two water pumps sat next to it that pupms the hot water round i am having problems with my rads i have just flushed the whole system out twice and when all air bled out and boiler lit only inlet pipe on every radiator is getting hot on every rad in the house this is causing only the top of each rad to get warm could it be that one of the pumps is knackered need advise asap someone please help thankyou

Sponsored Links
Could be pump, pump valves closed or blocked or air locks or pumps not bled.

Tony

no air in system or pump all air bled out pump valves all open have never been adjusted would a knackered pump be the solution??

You should be able to take the screw out and see if the pump shaft is rorating.

The impeller could have fallen off though.

Disturbing the system can cause loose dirt to block the inlet to the pump or any other restriction in the system.

Tony

Sponsored Links
just took the middle screw out and there is no rotation on the pump at all but the pump is about 15 years old or more so will replace and keep my fingers crossed thanks for your reply

It may just be seized up.

You may be able to rotate the shaft with a screwdriver and free it up.

Tony

Its not seized so i guess i will need to replace the pump, thanks for your advice and i will let you know the outcome

got a new problem now new pump on some of the new radiators getting hot some not at all and the old radiators (only about 5 years old) the first pipe feeding these is getting hot and the top of rad getting hot but the other three not so all in all can only get about four rads to work at once out of 10 rads?????????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back