central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

new to forum so hope I am in the right place. Recently had two rads upstairs which were warm at the bottom and cool on top. Easy fix???? Topped up system, bled rads and everything was ok. However think I overfilled as PRV blew out, banging in boiler, pump noisy, lost all pressure in system. Started from scratch. Filled system to correct pressure, bled rads etc. Now boiler cuts out after about 10 seconds preceded by loud banging in pipes. Boiler still making whining sound. Is pump knackered, hence banging?

Sponsored Links
More than likely a pump fault. Make sure system is vented of all air. Check pump rotation by removing centre screw on pump motor and use a screwdriver to check motor is turning.

Sponsored Links
Have checked rotation of pump. Undid inspection screw and put tip of screwdriver in hole. Pump rotating ok. Someone said it may be a build of of sludge in system. Boiler is heating up quickly then cutting out, i.e pumping against blocked system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back