pressure drop on worcester 28cdi combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help me
i have to top up with filler loop 3 times a day
corgi reg boiler man says the boi;er is now perfect so i must have a considerable leak to be loosing so much water
had all floor boards up nothing ,bath panel off nothig.and its not going out overflow
help i'm pulling my hair out

Sponsored Links
isolate the boiler at the service valves and dont use it, if the pressure drops its the boiler .if it keeps its pressure its the system.

Does any of your pipework run underneath the ground floor?

Sponsored Links
bridesy said:
hi yes under f/boards been under and i can't find any leaks
In that case don't take the word of your CORGI engineer - put a plastic bag under the tube that leads from the PRV.

PS - you posted your previous reply in a very strange place.

Bridesy, as Tim74 said, the isolating valves seem to always leak.

You will sometimes see discolouration on these valves where water has leaked.

It is not always noticable because the heat of the pipes evaporates the water before you can see it.

The inline valve, where the straight screw driver slot goes to open and close valve, sometimes let by. Debris gets caught when shutting onto the seal. Try opening and closing, thus flushing away cr-p stopping the seal.

The same applies to the pressure relief valve, failing the flush replace and never open them again, as they will do the same again :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back