return valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone tell me should the return valves on rads be left full open or just one of them(in the bathroom) to allow water to circulate,when i turn the valves down the system is running quieter (no water flow noise) or will this damage the boiler ?

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for your reply the boiler is a worcester bosch 35cdi combi all 14 rads have danfoss ras-c2 trvs

In that case what you`re doing is fine. Just got a noisy system. You had it cleaned lately, or had inhibitor put in? If not,do so!

Sponsored Links
The system is about four weeks old there in no inhibitor in it so i will put some in any suggestions as to wich one,also should i leave one rad fully open on the flow and return and partly close the returns on the rest ?

Hi yes about a month old no i do not have a room stat thought i would only need trvs on rads, should i fit a room stat?

A room stat is a requirement of Building Regulations, and common sense because it will save you money.
So are condensing boilers, in almost all cases.
Your rads need "Balancing".
Inhibitor - your manual tells you which ones to use.

Sounds like the installer didn't know much?

It sounds as if you have installed it yourself!

Is it a condensing boiler?

The system should have been flushed with the appropriate chemicals before the boiler was fitted. Adding inhibitor should be done when the boiler is first used but better late than never. It could be a waste of time though if there is dirt in the system.

Tony

Thanks for your replys the boiler is a conensing boiler,i did do the pipework myself or at least most of it,i did not fit the boiler i left that to a plumber, dont know if the system was flushed but i know there was no inhibitor put in the system as the system was run to check for leaks and never drained to put inhibitor in. I will get a room thermostat put in,will it be ok to leave trvs on all rads but the one where the room stat is ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back