Bathroom tiling- can I check I'm doing it right!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re-tiling the whole bathroom! ( floor to ceiling). So I want to check I'm doing it right!
I've striped the old tiles. A lot of plaster has come off the stud walls, leaving bare plasterboard. The rest of the walls are rough plaster and lots of old adhesive!

So I'll chip all the lose bits of the wall, and I've got Bal adhisive. Can I just use the adhesive as I go, so it levels out the surface for tiling? I'll check the bal site to see if I need a primer, the tub seem ambigious with it's instructions.

I'm measuring up at the moment, to work out where to start tiling. As a last minute change of plan I have decided to tile in a horizontal, staggered brick work pattern. Is it realy difficult to do, or do I just have to be extra carefull with the spacing?

Sponsored Links
I did this job a few years ago.

You may find yourself in difficulty if you try to level out the plaster as you go. Vital to have a level flat surface in my opinion.

Also vital to get the first row of tiles exactly right, if you have never done tiling before, do not be too ambitious with the pattern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back