Painting mdf...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just installed a skirting heating system and I am making the covers out of mdf. Does anybody know if I have to paint both sides of the mdf to stop it from twisting. I have never used mdf before and previous experience with painting some timbers have made me a little cautious. Any advice will be greatly appreciated... Kev...

Sponsored Links
I would paint both sides just in case..it might not be the heat that makes it twist...when the surface of the painted side dries it can bow due to the surface tension of the paint..

Both both sides and paint the inside back...as well as the rad.

Zampa thanks. My wife just told me I forgot to mention that we are painting with clay paint :rolleyes: , I don't know whether that makes a difference. This stuff comes with a base coat that hangs on to anything so I presume it gets into the surface of the mdf... Kev...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back