BAXI 105e combi - hot water/heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know what to check?

When the boiler is in just pre-heat water mode, the water heats up, but the pump keeps spinning once the water has been used.

Also, the main worry is that when we switch over to to water and heating, the heating does not switch on - we tested the timer by setting it to come on - the timer activated, but did not send the message to the heating to switch on.

We have replaced the pump - the old pump was not the problem by the looks of it.

HELPPPP!!!! :cry:

[/wiki]

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately your description is not really suitable for diagnosis.

Have you got hot water all the time?

When you switch on the heating (With the taps closed) does the boiler do anything?

Baxpoti is the man you want for this. I believe the pcb can be troublesome with these. He will point you right though.

GeckoGas-com said:

Have you got hot water all the time? YES, WHEN THE WATER MODE ON

When you switch on the heating (With the taps closed) does the boiler do anything?
- NO - NORMALLY WE WOULD EXPECT 'CLICKING' SOUND WHEN IT SWITCHES TO HEATING. IT DOES NOTHING BUT JUST RUN.

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Baxpoti is the man you want for this. I believe the pcb can be troublesome with these. He will point you right though.

OK, THANKS VERY MUCH - HE DID REPLY TO MY PREVIOUS ONE BUT WE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND - PERHAPS I OUGHT TO FIND THAT REPLY AND ASK

THANKS ANYWAY

WHAT LIGHT ARE DISPLAYED?

Oh, and turn off caps lock

If its staying in DHW preheat and NEVER changing to CH then the motor actuator might have failed ( or its control circuit on the PCB or the sensor is not correct! ).

Tony

The answers to the questions above may give us more of an idea as to the root of the problem.

GeckoGas-com said:

Have you got hot water all the time? (re-replying) - yes

- the CH light will only come on if the boiler is cold, and the taps have not been opened. If we switched from water only which had heated up, to CH mode, the CH does not come on

Agile said:
If its staying in DHW preheat and NEVER changing to CH then the motor actuator might have failed ( or its control circuit on the PCB or the sensor is not correct! ).

Tony

yes, this seems to be the case - it NEVER changes back to CH once hot water has been used

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back