How can I fix a toilet to tiles without drilling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently tiled our bathroom floor and have fitted the toilet. I don't want to drill into the tiles (lots of pipes below) I was thinking of using no more nails to attach the toilet to the floor. Has anyone got any thoughts on this or alternatives?

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
Silicone has been widely used on new build, but don't touch the pan for 24 hrs after fixing it.

I don't personally agree with this and it should be drilled and fixed.

Has anyone tried concreting a toilet to tiles? Maybe this is a another opition... Thanks for your feedback

generally there aint enough key on the tiles for the cement to adhere to.mark and dill the pan and silicone the cistern if its a close coupled.

Sponsored Links
Whats the floor under the tiles? ( floor boards, solid floor?) If floor boards, did you put ply board down on top before tiling? :D

Wasnt trying to catch you out, my point is, if you have 18mm ply plus thickness of your tile and adhesive ( 9-10mm thick, guess) it means that if you drill through the tile, then use 40-50mm wood screws ( extra length to allow for toilet), plus a little silicone as the others have mentioned. Then it isn't an issue where the pipes are and the toilets not going anywhere.

Has anyone tried concreting a toilet to tiles? Maybe this is a another opition... Thanks for your feedback

Cement could crack the WC bowl depending on the mix.

Only way is to use screws.Silcone and the other stuff won't work.

Over time the bowl will become loose.

A strong compo mix (sand and cement) was the accepted method of (permanently) fixing a toilet bowl to any hard surface. Don't see it much anymore

I fitted a bowl in our downstairs loo about three years ago onto tiles with Sitcks Like Sh*te, available from plumbers merchants. I spoke to the tech dept and they agreed that it would be fine, as it has been up to now. As with compo, don't sit on the thing for a day or two.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back