Brass door knobs -'elp.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, apologies for my lack of DIY knowledge here. Hoping someone can help - I have had a new internal door fitted and my better half wants old brass handles fitting, which I have but the internal bar (don't know the correct name for this) that connect both handles via the internal lock is too long and protrudes about an inch. I could cut this section off but then I would lose the screw hole. My question is, after reducing the lenght of the bar, how do I make another screw hole to fit the screw I have with the lock? Can I just create a smalller hole and force the screw in? Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks

Sponsored Links
i thought that the knobs that used a grub-screw-only type of fitting had several threaded options along the spindle?

Drilled-spindle.jpg

thanks for this - I have checked and didn't realise that the bar with holes in it are not threaded, only the knob itself, whivh means I can cut down to size and it will fit - thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back