dpc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a concrete slab as a base in my shed,ive laid a Wickes liquid dpc all over it and it has taken absolutely ages to go off and still feels a little moist to touch.The solution was given three good coats to floor and up on the two coarse brickwork,but the brickwork feels bone dry and the floor as i say feels a little damp still,when i run my hand over it i'm getting a black mark on my skin from it but not the case when i do the same on the brickwork,is this normal?it feels like the floor is sweating somehow?

Sponsored Links
The dampness you feel is condensation forming on the cold floor.

Does this product actually set hard? Many don't and will always feel soft and slightly tacky

It feels a tiny bit squashy but you have to push hard on it to make a dent in the skin.You mentioned condensation on the floor is this due to the moisture pushing up?The brickwork is bone dry though and seems rock hard.

condensation does not permeate 'through' and does not recognise 'rock hard'.
it occurs when moisture laden air condenses upon a surface that happens to be a lot colder than its surroundings.

condensation occurs often on metals.

Sponsored Links
any ideas how to ease the condensation then guys?the place is vented but i have them shut due to the damp air at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back