LCD TV + Plaster Board

aq

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've a got a five year old flat and I'm looking to mount a 42" TV on the wall. The wall in question is between my flat and the neighbours.

I have removed a plug socket to view the internals of the wall. I can see 3 sheets of plaster board (6cm in total), which back on to another sheet of plaster board. I guess these must be adhered on a concrete wall.

The wall on the other side of the flat is a single layer of plaster board held an inch off a concrete wall. So I assume that's what my neighbours wall is like on the other side.

4 layers of plaster board seems a little over the top. Does anyone think it will be a problem securing the TV to just the plaster board (guessing about 8cm of board in total).

I don't want to go right thought the wall, but then I guess there has to be studs or a concrete wall beyond the paster board.

Weight will probably be 20Kg + bracket.

Any advice or suggestions of fixings would be great. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've just found metal studs at 60cm centres behind the four layers of plaster board.

I wouldn't normally think the metal studs are up to it, at least on the internal walls, but with 4 layers of plaster + a metal stud I should be alright!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back