Storing paperwork in the garage while I am away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I might be going abroad for a few years. I will rent out my house. If I store my comics and files in the detached garage will they be ok for a few years or do they go moldy? TIA

Sponsored Links
depends on the garage

i sould suspect mouldy, covered in dirst if rented and may be chewed by vermin

spend some of your money at Big Yellow and charge extra for the garage.

You can get them bags which suck out all the air and seals them. May be a worth look into.

Sponsored Links
Does this also mean that plastic shelves are preferable to wooden shelves in a garage space.

Get down to Staples and check out their range of plastic storage boxes. The Really Useful Boxes range they carry are fairly sturdy and come with tight fitting lock down lids, a bit pricier than others but worth the additional expense IMO.

I have a couple of the 35ltr ones which are shaped internally to take filling cabinet type suspension files.

Re: your garage. Does the roof suffer from condensation dripping down in the winter?

Get down to Staples and check out their range of plastic storage boxes. The Really Useful Boxes range they carry are fairly sturdy and come with tight fitting lock down lids, a bit pricier than others but worth the additional expense IMO.

I have a couple of the 35ltr ones which are shaped internally to take filling cabinet type suspension files.

Re: your garage. Does the roof suffer from condensation dripping down in the winter?

Will check out staples. No, the garage does not have condensation issues at present at all.

Should be alright then, store them (plastic boxes) away from direct sunlight, off the ground and on sturdy shelving if poss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back