Diplomat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washing machine drum wont turn, machine will fill up and empty.removed back of machine the motor is not running. I removed and checked brushes they were fine. If you put a neon screwdriver on the brush terminal with the machine in spill cycle the screwdtiver lights on both brushes showing ther is no neutral. Is it a case that the one wire has gone open circuit and getting its live through the motor? Do you think it could be a circuit board fault? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
I would not rely on a neon screwdriver to come to that conclusion. Try a multimeter.

there is a thermal overload in the motor.
it could be that or the main pcb

Hi thanks for feedback can you reset the thermal overload?I take it the pcb is the main circuit board? Would that cost more than the the machine is worth to replace? (i think machine is about 2 years old)

Sponsored Links
Hello, Back in 2007 you experienced problems with your Diplomat washing machine. Did you fix the fault? I am suffering the exact symptoms that you wrote about, and would be really grateful for some assistance...Thanks, TR

You would be better off starting a new thread & posting the full model details. Old posts often get ignored.
Diplomat appliances are re-badged machines (i.e. they could be made anywhere by any number of manufacturers).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back