hoover am110 drum wont turn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ive just put in new motor and a new module but the drum still wont turn :( hoover am110

Sponsored Links
Does the machine fill up or empty if you advance through the program or is it completely dead?

yes it fills up and emptys when you advance the programme

I am not familiar with this specfic model. I presume the belt is in position and that the drum can move or be turned by hand. Are all connections fitted to the motor and the module(in other Hoover machines the wires to/from motor fit via separate connector to module board). Is the wiring loom to/from the motor intact or likely to have chafed against any thing?

Where there any symptoms trouble prior to this fault.

If you have paid for new motor and module that must be nearly cost of a new machine!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
i got this module on ebay £15 he said it was brand new .i think its been used maybe faulty. having it checked today probely relay switch gone eveything works on machine apart from power to the motor

Just seen prices for new modules. Absolutely horrendous! I can see why you tried one from ebay.

You could try EMW Electronics. They do a variety of models.

Alternatively if the machine is more than a few years try your local council yard. While thay are not supposed to give out machines a fiver usually does the trick to secure a complete unit and help with a lift into the car.

Most of these guys are reasonable and will even keep an eye out for your model. Of course you might get one with a duff module but worth a try.

I have kept my Hoover Softwave going for 12 years on machines out of my local council yard - mainly for sticky timers.

Where is module located and is it difficult to extract?

the module is easy to acsses from bottom rear left hand side one screw on plastic cover . dont wont to throw away because just put new motor in it last year £100 plus.was thinking of trying local tip myself.already bought new machine want to fix this as a spare backup.module type is a remco 5038. :D

www.emwelec.co.uk do a module for £29.90 plus vat. If there is no rush then get to the local tip. Some guys are helpful and will let you take a machine away -as long as the bosses aren't about. I usually give them a fiver - you won't buy any piece for a washing mchine at that price. No guarantee that you will get one with a good module though but try the machine you get first rather than transferring module. If it turns the motor you are likely to be in business.

Alas some staff are not helpful.

You can always give the guys a model series or model number to look out for if there is none available.

Depends if you live close to a council yard. Its a shame when you see some excellent machines being thrown out just because a door or something trivial is broken. But with companies charging big bucks for spares and you now able to get a new machine for £200 it's clear why many are scrapped.

Good luck

As well as saving money I just like the challenge of getting the machine going again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back