Zanussi - drum not turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Zanussi ZWD 1480W washer dryer that is only a few years old. A programme stopped recently leaving the drum full with water but no error messages. The machine drained fine using the drain setting. It seems whenever the programme requires the drum to turn is when the problem arises. The drum will not turn by hand any longer. I took a gamble and replaced the carbon brushes but to no avail. If anyone would be kind enough to offers suggestions it would be most appreciated. :D

All the best Brandon

Sponsored Links
If the drum will not turn by hand then it seems the bearings must be seized or try removing the belt & checking that the motor turns freely.

Thanks very much for your suggestions. With the belt off the motor turns freely but the drum doesn't. So i guess its the bearings then! Is that a big job with special tools - the bearings look like they will be hard to reach?

Cheers Brandon

Sponsored Links
Yes I believe it is quite a difficult job, it probably can be done on a diy basis, but I would suggest that you ask for a couple of estimates, they should be able to give them without a visit. The only other thought that I had is are you sure nothing has got jammed between the drum & casing? Have you tried tipping the machine backwards & giving it a good shake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back