Thermostatic Mixer Running Colder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First post, mainly in desperation!!

We recently re-did the bathroom, with my Wife and I doing the tiling and painting, with the plumbing left to a local Council plumber doing a "weekend" job.

Well we've had the shower in for a month now (a 3/4" Dual Control Thermostatic Shower Valve, MFI Victorian Looking thing). I set the temp stops at 38 deg from the off and everything has been running fine, until a week ago.....

We have a Combi Boiler (hence why we went with the mixer rather than electric)

Not sure what changed but the temp at the Shower head has dropped.

We've upped the Boiler HW to max; adjusted the Shower Valve to as hot as it'll go; I've reduced the cold water flow to the Shower by half turning in the isolation tap on the Shower's CW supply. By not turning the flow on as much at the shower as we previously could it can run at an OK temperature. Still doesn't run as well as it used to.

I have no idea as to what's changed.

Hope someone here can help.

Quite annoying as it's only been in over a month.
Did coincide with the first cold snap, could it just be heat losses in the pipework?

Thanks in advance,

Niall

Sponsored Links
If the boiler output temperature is still ok (at the other hot outlets, i.e. taps), then you have a faulty shower valve.

Given that it's nearly new the manufacturer should be perfectly happy to replace it, or the cartridge, or whatever.

What make is it?

I will check the book tonight.

Hopefully we can take it out backwards, I'd happily make more of a mess in the hallway rather than damage my lovely tiling..........

What a pain.

Niall

Sponsored Links
Had a look at the manual, the only clue to the manufacturer is the "Shower Helpline" number which I've Googled.

Apparently it's made by "Amber"

Will ring them tomorrow and see what they say.

Not pleased.

Niall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back