vaillant ecotec plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello we have just had the above gas boiler installed and initially the room thermostat worked in reverse ie turning it down bought the system on.
now i am a bit confused as to how this system should work.
The boiler has a control knob to set the radiator temperature which i have set to 65c all the radiators except the one in the hall have thermostatic valves the one in the hall does not and also located in the hall is a room thermostat the combination of these three different temperature controls seems to confuse the boiler and it still appears that the room stat has to be turned up to lower the temperature.
do i need a room stat at all by which i mean should i fit a thermostatic valve to the hall radiator and take the room stat out?
regards

Sponsored Links
You need a room stat but it has to be wired correctly!

Call back the stupid installer to correct it.

Not only did he do it wrongly but he evidently did not test it!

Where on earth did you find him?

Was he even CORGI registered and has he completed the Benchmark form?

Tony

As Tony says he's wired the room stat wrong. I would also suggest you try setting the radiator temperature to 60C.

I hope he knew how to leave it all commissioned and set up, as he doesn't obviously know about electrics :eek:

Thanks guys
I am an electrician but these guys have been paid to install this system so i am not getting involved yet.
The company is corgi registered but not sure about the sparks, i was away when the install was done.
i have just checked the stat and there is a live coming back from the switched side of the stat so i expect the link is in at the boiler.
Well we will see when they come back on Monday to sort it out

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back