No Manhole/blocked drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a kitchen drain pipe that feeds into the rain gully down pipe. This goes straight underground, No grid or access point. the water is back flowing out of the kitchen pipe collar.(smelly!) The house is pre war and I have looked high and low for a manhole. The drain runs directly under neighbours drive.
I can only think of cutting a section out of the down pipe and rod? I have tried chemicals. Any other suggestions or do I call the plumber!

Sponsored Links
Could get busy with the diggin' ........ I guess ya need to remove a bit & ideally not brake it in the process...... Angle Grinder to cut the heads off the support bracket boltz ?

surely you could disconnect the kitchen pipe and snake through there?

if it is a rainwater drain someone has put a sink on :mad: the soakaway might be blocked by tealeaves and bacon fat

The kitchen is a built on extension. So the kitchen pipe runs about 25ft along the house to this front rainwater drain. The pipe will not fit a rod down it and too long a run to the blockage.
Pipe is concreted in at base (some design !) so I can only think cut a section out of the main down pipe and rod this and try to remove blockage. Hopefully replace with a new piece.

Sponsored Links
Have you any access to the pipe? from outside. I had a similar problem some time ago.
It was suggested I use my jet washer with purpose made extension pipe which cost around £70. Kept feeding the pipe in, plenty of backwash but suddenly all was clear.
Does that help?

I do have a jet washer (Karcher.) Any suggestions on where to get the extension pipe?
Don't have a jet Ski....thank you John M :rolleyes:

there are several answers to this depending on how you want to go about it.

you could

1) dig down on the underground drainage system and clear it from their (but you might not find the pipe because they dont always flow in straight lines)

2) cut the downpipe before it goes into the ground and see whether it is blocked if it just bacon fat/tealeaves then put your hosepipe into it and let it wash through.

and a plumber wont fix this problem they only do clean water

if it doesnt work then you need to call a reputable drainage company

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back