electrical box sinkers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have to install a few flush fitting boxes for electrical sockets. can anybody tell me if these box sinkers currently being sold work in house brick.

cheers

Sponsored Links
yes, provided it's not extremely hard, (e.g. engineering brick) but consider hiring one as a decent one will cost you up on €350 (£210) approx. You do know that it's not a particularly neat job and really only for use on walls before plastering. Personally i would just use a chasing machine

Box cutters are excellent in softer materials. In tougher brick mine usually cuts the round whole without problems but you need to square the it up with a chessel rather than the box cutter. However its less mess than a angle grinder/ cutter.

If you are going to do lots of boxes its worth considering hiring or buying but of course you will need a good SDS drill to back it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back