Ferroli optima 701. Ignition pilot goes off :?:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my combi boiler after had a new PCB fitted and been working fine for a week, suddenly the pilot has stop and I can't manage to keep it on. The spark works but the flame doesn't remaind on. I've been reading thru' the manual and it said it could be the microswitch or ignition transformer?! I've been already rip off once by an engineer and don't want to happen again. Could anyone help me??

Sponsored Links
just explain in a bit more detail what the problem is, does the boiler light full flame then go out, or light sometimes and not others.

when you say the flame doesn't remain on, do you mean it does actually light but goes out when you let the button out? If it does light then it's not your ignition transformer or microswitch, both of these are only there to light the pilot. They have nothing to do with it staying on.

Yes, sorry for the poor explanation,

After depress the gas control knob fully. The pilot
flame light.
I keep the control knob fully depressed for a
further 15 seconds or even more but, then I release it and the pilot fail to remain alight and goes out.

Thank very much to both of you for your post :D !!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, my combi boiler after had a new PCB fitted and been working fine for a week, suddenly the pilot has stop and I can't manage to keep it on. The spark works but the flame doesn't remaind on. I've been reading thru' the manual and it said it could be the microswitch or ignition transformer?! I've been already rip off once by an engineer and don't want to happen again. Could anyone help me??

Sponsored Links
it's more than likely your thermocouple. It could, on the other hand be your overheat stat, split wires, weak pilot flame or gas valve. It's always better to get it tested first before buying and fitting parts you don't neccessarily need

thank you weargas, i'll try with the thermocouple, i don't know how to test them but i found one quite cheap on the web, so i'll try with a new one and let's see!!

weargas said:
don't overtighten it

As you said, it was the thermocouple, I have changed it for a new one and I did what you said about not to overtighten and it works fine now!! thank very much for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back