Ceramic Floor Tile Trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Started trying to lay my first tiles but took them back up after 8 tiles. Biggest problem was getting them to be all on the same level (the wood floor is flat). Using the correct notched trowel but they were still going down crooked no matter how hard I pressed on the high edges. Tried pounding on them with a straight board...but they were breaking down the middle. Also, not sure how "wet :cry: " the cement mix should be when mixed up. Any help greatly appreciated!! :cry:

Sponsored Links
The mix wants to stick to your trowel similar to soft peaks when beating egg whites but wet enough to spread.

Are your tiles uniformly thick?

Are you using a flexible adhesive?

Topps Tiles do a free DVD/Video to show you how to tile and the adhesive is mixed in one of the shots.

Meblin

Sponsored Links
Tried again...using egg like consistency mix, and it's working good this time. I think the mix was too heavy (thick and dry) to allow me to press the tiles into a level plane. Many thanks!!!! :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back