Best surface for ceramic tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wanting to lay ceramic tiles in my 3m x 2m outhouse. This currently has vinyl sheet over lino tiles on a screeded concrete floor.
Obviously I'm removing the vinyl sheet, but I don't know what surface is best for the ceramic tiles. So these are my questions: Can I lay them on top of lino tiles, which are sound. I haven't seen any adhesive that caters for this. Would I be better laying plywood over the lino tiles first. If so, what sort and what thickness? Or would it be best to rip up the lino tiles & lay the ceramic ones on the concrete. I understand this is an unenviable task, so I don't want to do it if there are satisfactory alternatives.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Remove all vinyl & lino tiles down to floor screed for ceamic tiles to be bedded on.

See this to help you.

Thanks for the (very rapid) response. I'd kind of resigned myself to removing the tiles but wanted to be sure.
Thanks for the help once again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back