How do I connect shower mixer to wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a Hansgrohe wall mounted shower mixer to replace an Aqualisa. I have two pipes sticking out the wall with plenty of movement around them. The new mixer does not come with any form of backplate to attach it to the wall. It appears to only be held by the pipe connections. Is there a universal backplate I can buy or how should I ensure a tight & secure fixture to the wall. Wall is yet to be tiled.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you sure there's no back plate held in with a small allen grub screw or such like?

I bought a backplate for a first fix I did a little while ago. 150mm centres and cost £25.

Thanks Eliteheat - can you please advise the source?

Sponsored Links
Its a Sportive 2 Chrome Shower Mixer 14640000 if that helps. No plate in the box and cannot find mention of one on their website. Haven't contacted them direct as yet.

I must admit that I have not used one but I remembered it as I thumbed through the pipeline offers catalogue as being very useful as those types of shower can be a bit tricky to fit securely.. I hope that it is useful to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back