upstairs radiators hot part of downstairs cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( hi everyone,

am a single parent n being a woman av ad plumbers come round take the money but not sort the radiators out. so in jan i maself a diy book, flushed ma radiators put in the fluid for descaling flushed it out then another liquid that stops thick slush buildin up. The banging soon stoped they've been fine up until last week. Upstairs are boiling hot i can't touch em n down stairs the one in the hall is cold then in the lounge i have 3 radiators the 1st one doesnt work the 2nd does but the 3rd is also cold, but on the 3rd nearest to the boiler the pipe at the bottom which you can turn on an off the radiator is hot. I thought the pump werent working but it's making a noise when the upstairs radiators are hot. i switch off the ones upstairs then the downstairs went hot but the downstairs go cold again once av turned them all on again. I've open one radiator in order to bleed them but wanter came out so am assuming theres not air. but can the air be in the middle so i ave to wait for sum water to run out b4 i get to the air pocket. please please please help me someone

Sponsored Links
It would be easier to read with punctuation inserted. :eek:
But looks like your system needs balancing, there is a lot of information on this on the site - can be done by amateurs, after a fashion without kit, but better than nothing.
Unless your valves are stuck, hit them with a mallet - gently to start with of course. ;)

Hitting valves with a mallet is a bit off a risk. If it is a system that suffers from corrosion, you may well find several valves on the verge of leaking. Hit them, and you have a leak.
For safer suggestions; look up old messages about cold rads, will be tons of em

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back