Combi boiler losing pressure-Repair or replace.Help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a lanbourgeni(sp) Xilo combi boiler which was fitted Four years ago.The problem is that it loses its pressure overnight and requires filling up daily.After topping up the boiler,the central heating works fine.
The pressure relief valve leeks about a teaspoon full of water daily and the pressur relief pipe leeks water outside aswell.
I've been told that the pressure relief valve maybe faulty and the boiler is a cheep brand and a replacement boiler is the best way forward.
What do people recommend?
A new boiler(what make and how much to supply and fit approx)
Call out a plumber(yet to find one whos interested) and hope he can fix it(how much would this repair cost)
Or call British Gas for a one off price of 156GBP.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
my advice is get rid spend £100-200 now and i bet within a year you will spend another £200 if you keep it then get cover with d&g and for £10 a month your crappy boiler isnt a worry but my advice get 3 or 4 qoutes not estimates proper qoutes and in liverpool were getting for a combi swap inc powerflush £1,400 were fitting worscter 24 i junior condensers for that or for £1,300 saunier duval thema condensers and my honest opinion the sauniers have been better for hot water and as far as i can tell is a glowworm combi rebadged so just be careful and ask about there corgi reg ,

............................ reg ,

How about a few more , , , , , , , and even some . . . . . . would be useful. :rolleyes:

As for the Lamborghini Xilo boiler you first need to fix the leaks. There is obviously a significant problem with leakage on the system. If you top up the boiler to 1 Bar and you are only loosing a teaspoon of water from the safety valve there must be another leak on the heating circuit.

Given the fact you are topping up the boiler on a daily basis the system may have suffered from serious corrosion. Depending on the amount of corrosion it may need proper powerflushing, the boiler cleaned of sludge or even replacement.

Note that most maintenance contracts don't cover you for design faults in the system, poor installation or corrosion/sludge in the system. That's why they can offer insurance so cheap. You need to get the leaks fixed and then sort out the boiler (ie the dripping safety valve to start with).

£1300 or £1400 is a cheap job for a new boiler with powerflushing. Corners are being cut somewhere.

dont forget guru your in the smoke were prices are alot higher im happy to make £800 for 1/2 days work and powerflushing isnt much is it line valves on the flow and return and connect it up to a rad and let it run while fittinf the new boiler so some chemicals,crystals and inhibator and how can i cut corners on a simple job like a combi change i was i could get £2,500 but i cant so i do it for what i think is ok for the work involved i done 4 last week and with my other jobs i done i had a decent week i done about 3 1/2 days work and made just under £3,800 now maybe you being the GURU you get that for turning up at a job but i dont and pilgrims like me can only dream of being the guru oh mighty one your full of ****e from liverpool (the master race) scousers

Sponsored Links
Impossible to do a proper change and power flush in half a day unless there are six of you

Your quite right Ben.
Friday flushed a system and left it with cheapo flushing agent in over the weekend, ( scr*w f*x sh*te). Tomorrow drain replace flush and commission new boiler, 8 hours in total. ;)

a combi change can be done in 2 - 3 hrs and so if the machine has run from 8.30 to 12 .30 so i must have done hundreds of powerflushes since 2000 and it doesnt need to take all day io clean a system

a combi change can be done in 2 - 3 hrs and so if the machine has run from 8.30 to 12 .30 so i must have done hundreds of powerflushes since 2000 and it doesnt need to take all day io clean a system

And do you really do the power flush with one radiator at a time and flushing in both directions???

And do you use a proper quality fernox or sentinel product?

For that matter do you fill in the Benchmark and notify CORGI

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back