Help ! Lead wc soil pipe 14.5cm dia - How do I seal it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a WC which links to a lead soil pipe. The flange is 14.5cm in dia.

The old WC seemed to have a mixture of some sort of webbing and plumbers mate to seal it !.

Can anyone advise on next steps etc...

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Cut the flange off and fit a Multikwik type connector inside the lead pipe where it is 100mm or so.

Sounds like a good solution, however the remainder of the pipe is deep set into the wall. any other options ?

Won't a WC connector fit inside the flange? Otherwise you have to go back to basics and try to seal the WC outlet into the flange. Putty was a traditional material but wouldn't do today. I suppose silicon sealant combined with some sort of rubber seal to fill up the gap would be best.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the advice, I may try a flexible Multikwik fitting and see how I get on.

Oil based paint added to putty, to make it sticky and soft, with horse hair added to stop it slumping. Lurvley.

These days you don't use the flange, the PC's go straight into the pipe. In the wall, in your case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back