hotpoint wma30 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello again regarding my hotpoint wma 30 washing machine can anybody possibly tell me which combination is right for the coloured cables on the edge connectors on the pcb control panel, and should there be a space, ie, there seems to be a plug short on the pcb panel or what i mean to say is, there is a spare terminal on the pcb panel, apart from the two larger multiple white connectors which combination are the colours in from left to right as i am looking down on the lcd panel from the front of the machine, thank you, graham

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the hotpoint electronic on machines it is indeed possible to misfit the edge connectors they are not keyed therefore it is likely that a misfit is probably the reason. I would recommend you find out for certain which is the correct combination as trial and error could lead to pcb damage.

any joy on this one?

I am in the same situation - stripped the machine down to do the bearings, got waylaid for a few months and now I have done the bearings have forgotten the order for the connectors

a picture would be most handy ! - I wish Id used my digital camera as I had planned

Sponsored Links
Sorry to disagree with tockworth but unless brute force is used then the plugs cannot be fitted to that board incorrectly apart form the live & neutral. I think you will have 3 x 2pin connectors, 1x5or6 pin & 2 single wires, live with an insulated spade connector & neutral with an uninsulated spade terminal. The 3x 2pin connectors should be 1 with 2 red wires, 1 with 2 black & 1 with a black & a blue. The biggest connector will obviously go in only 1 place & next to it should be either the 2 blacks then the black & blue or the other way round. The 2 reds should go at the other end of the row. If you look closely at the ends of the plugs they will have a thin web that slots into the board & should only fit easily in one position(NOT NEED TO BE FORCED). Also if you look carefully at the edge connector on the board you can see where the conductors have been marked by the plug terminals that have been pushed onto them. The live & neutral will go the wrong way round & I think if I remember correctly the live goes to the L.H switch terminal & the neutral goes to the R.H. If when you have reconnected everything it does not spin when you select slow or fast spin, then reverse the live & neutral. The other problem you may have is if the board has lost it's progamme while being disconnected for so long. If this happens PM me & I will send you the sheet that tells you how to reprogramme.

Sorry to disagree with tockworth but unless brute force is used then the plugs cannot be fitted to that board incorrectly apart form the live & neutral. I think you will have 3 x 2pin connectors, 1x5or6 pin & 2 single wires, live with an insulated spade connector & neutral with an uninsulated spade terminal. The 3x 2pin connectors should be 1 with 2 red wires, 1 with 2 black & 1 with a black & a blue. The biggest connector will obviously go in only 1 place & next to it should be either the 2 blacks then the black & blue or the other way round. The 2 reds should go at the other end of the row. If you look closely at the ends of the plugs they will have a thin web that slots into the board & should only fit easily in one position(NOT NEED TO BE FORCED). Also if you look carefully at the edge connector on the board you can see where the conductors have been marked by the plug terminals that have been pushed onto them. The live & neutral will go the wrong way round & I think if I remember correctly the live goes to the L.H switch terminal & the neutral goes to the R.H. If when you have reconnected everything it does not spin when you select slow or fast spin, then reverse the live & neutral. The other problem you may have is if the board has lost it's progamme while being disconnected for so long. If this happens PM me & I will send you the sheet that tells you how to reprogramme.

Hi, I have had a WMA30 in the garage as a 'spare' for years, and as my son. (who lives 100 miles away), had problems with his machine, his mum took up the Hotpoint.
My son is telling me that it has filled, but has stopped, with a flashing light.
I have asked him to check the drain is clear, and the pump is free, but I noticed the comment about losing the programme and I wondered if that could be the potential fault, it has probably been unused for about 5 years.

All advice appreciated - thanks!

What light is flashing it could only be pre wash or door lock. If it's wash light it's means the dial has been moved during the wash.

That means the spring in the door handle has gone. Or motor brushes have gone low and poped pcb look for burnt tracks. Very seldom it is the door lock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back