Replace Single Oven with Separate Hob+2 Ovens ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am re-vamping my kitchen and removing the existing single oven and replacing with;

2 off Single Ovens Neff (not sure of rating???)
1 off ceramic Hob Neff (not sure of rating???)

As far as i can see the existing wiring, is not acceptable as the oven has been run off the ring ??? So I am going to run in a new feed from the consumer unit.

Appreciate any guidance on the following:

Q. Should I use a 45A (10.8kW) or 30A (7.2kW) feed, (6mm2) considerate I can't find any info on the ratings of the appliances, not even on the Neff site??

Q. Can I run all 3 appliances from this feed from the consumer unit, if so do I need 3 control units (DP Switch) or will 1 be ok?

Q. If 1 is OK? Can I run 3 spur's from the control unit or should I run 1 and link it from appliance to appliance in series?

Anything else anyone can guide me on greatly appreciated.

Simon.

Sponsored Links
How do you expect anyone to answer any of these questions when even you don't know the ratings of said appliances? What's more, you do realise this is notifiable work?

There will be a rating plate somewhere, inside teh door is usual, or near the power inlet terminals.

Electronicsuk is right, you are asking how long is a piece of string :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
As far as i can see the existing wiring, is not acceptable as the oven has been run off the ring ???

This would have been ok for the old oven, as the old oven would have had a low power rating.

We will need to know the power ratings of the new ovens & hob are, to be able to help you.

Have you phoned NEFF up & asked them what the power ratings of the ovens & the hob are, as that is what I did with Indesit, to find out what the rating of the new range cooker was, which I have got in the new replaced kitchen at home.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back