Oven & Hob Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of replacing our stand alone cooker with a NEFF built in double oven (U1442) and NEFF induction hob (T4243).
The oven rating is 5.9KW and the hob is rated of follows:-

Front Left - 1.8 to 2.5 KW
Back Left - 1.8 to 2.5 KW
Front Right - 2.2 to 3.3KW
Back Right - 1.4 to 1.8 KW
I assume the total for the hob is 10.1 kw.

Am I right in thinking that both appliances need there own dedicated circuits and that the following is ok for each

a) The Oven
6mm cable from a 32amp MCB in the consumer unit to a MK K5205 WHI 45 Amp DP Switch, then to MK K5045 WHI Cooker Connection Unit.

b) The Hob
10mm cable from a 32amp MCB in the consumer unit to a MK K5205 WHI 45 Amp DP Switch, then to MK K5045 WHI Cooker Connection Unit.

or is it possible to wire both in 6mm.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hello Graham,

How long is the cable 'run' from the cosumer unit to the cooker points ?

How is the cable installed, through the joists and 'in' plastered walls ? clipped surface ? in trunking ?

We should be able to advise you if we know the above.

Cheers.

Hi EC

The cables runs are as follows:

a) The oven 6.3m from the consumer unit to the isolator and 1m from the isolator to the connector unit. 3.8m to be through joist the rest plastered in the wall.

b) The oven 6.3m from the consumer unit to the isolator and 2.6m from the isolator to the connector unit. 3.8m to be through joist the rest plastered in the wall.

Also I made a mistake with the hob MCB its 45amp I was planning on using.

Hope that this of so help to you.

Cheers

6mm² is fine on both accounts from the loading/install method/lengths you have given.
Are you aware that this work is notifiable under Part P of the building regs

Sponsored Links
Many Thanks for the help.

Have got Part P under control, have been in touch with the building officer with regard to the whole works in the kitchen extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back