Bath-Shower mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new rented house and there's a problem with the bath-shower mixer tap that I'd like to have a go at fixing, as I'm unable to have a shower at present.

The cylinder-thingy that chooses whether the water comes out of the tap or the shower head is broken, so water will always come out of both, whichever way the selector-cylinder-thing (which should move up and down the shower pipe from the tap to select where the water will go) is moved.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's possible to fix by tightening screws and things, or if some/all of it will have to be replaced, and if so, how?

Sorry if I've not put enough info, hope you can help

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As you might imagine, they vary, though there is one common design where you would need to remove the diverter unit using a thin spanner to go on flats on the shaft under the knob. The O ring/washer in there is a common one you can get from a plumber's merchant.

Common type:
TapDiverter.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back