QUIET CEILING SWITCH NEEDED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
:D
May seem a silly request but, my bathroom ceiling switch is VERY noisy when u clunk click every trip !!!!!!
It echos throughout the bungalow and is especially noticeable in the middle of the night. I bought a replacement from Wickes but this seems to have a definite clunk also.( haven't bothered to connect it )
My friends house of a similar age ( 25 yrs) has a very much quieter switch.
So, can anyone recommend a switch and where can I get it please ?
I have even considered putting a normal switch on the outside wall but that means channelling :(

Sponsored Links
Heard a rumour about a crabtree one with a built in silencer but think it was a wind up. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
legrand do one mate

its a bit kak but its quiet
I e-mailed Legrand to ask if they do one and they said they don't, apparently on the grounds that "most of the UK prefer to hear when the circuit has been energised"!

I'd have thought the light coming on would be a good indicator that the circuit has been energised. In fact "most of the UK" will hear the switch in the bathroom of the house we're trying to buy, if we don't change it.

Either that, we all get ear-plugs, or we stumble about in the dark when we need the loo at night.

I've seen a switch screwed to a rafter in the loft, and the cord fed down through a ferrule in the bathroom ceiling.

My pull switch is very quiet. It has a simple quiet click on the downward pull, and no sound on the upward stroke. :D

If I ever dispose of it I will auction it on ebay. I expect to get a few grand for it :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back