Replacment shower inlet postioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :D my old shower seems to playing up so i decided to buy a new one in the sales i bought a triton jade 2 but after reading the instructions have found the inlet pipe to be in the wrong place (at bottom right). I need it to be on the top left (chrome pipe comes from the ceiling to the top left of the shower). Does anyone know which makes have the same postioning of the inlet, as they dont say on the boxes, thankyou :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You ALWAYS have to modify pipework when replacing showers. :evil:

Only done 7 but never lucky. :(

You ALWAYS have to modify pipework when replacing showers. :evil:

Only done 7 but never lucky. :(

not providing you get one that the inlet is the same side if the unit can't be moved.

how do you get on if the pipeworks concealed, you can't tell me you take all the tiles off the wall.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for replies :D Are mira a good make? are they as good as triton. I would move the pipe if i had not had the bathroom decorated last year. Ties are staying put ;)

Happy new year

mira are great showers with great warranty service if required. if you have exposed chrome pipe it is quite straightforward to alter to suit the new shower, if using a mira you can fit from top, recently changed my shower to a mira advance and THINK the supply is bottom right, but earlier post said left!!

thanks i might go for a mira then. but i need to look at the inlet postion at my local B&Q store

i'm bored, kids are watching spongebob squarepants, so i went and checked shower!! power connection is right hand side near top & water inlet on mira advance is def right hand side, the inlet connection on the shower is fully rotational to allow entry from top, bottom or horizontal, when changing a shower you need to position it to suit the cable and pipe so you need to decide what is easier to alter, depending on how the cable and pipe are fitted, you have said the pipe is chrome/exposed so you might be able to fit to suit the cable then alter the pipe, the mira advance is def a very good shower, a tip when fitting this is to take great care fitting the front case as there is a multiway connection to be fitted to the pcb, quite fiddly but ok.

go to miras web site and look throgh the showrs and you can see on the instructions where each shower has it's inlet ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back