Is this a Radial Circuit off a Spur?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to check whether what I had in mind for the Kitchen was permitted. New kitchen in the middle of being fitted and I have spurred a double socket from the ring to provide a feed for tumble-dryer TD and dishwasher DW. I now want to fit under-pelmet lighting to 4 cupboards and the lighting kit I have is powered via a plug.

My question is, can I scrap the original spur feed for the TD and DW and instead run a new spur into a 13Amp Fused Spur...then from this run a double socket for the DW/TD....and then further run a feed to a fused switch which will power the pelmet lights?

RING SOCKET --> 13a FUSED SPUR --> DOUBLE SOCKET --> 13a SWITCH FUSED SPUR

Appreciate your thoughts on this...

Sponsored Links
A double socket with a tumble dryer and dishwasher plugged into it is not really a good idea due to possible overheating of the socket.Also the load will be too great for the 13A fuse in the FCU.
I take you are aware of Part P of the Building Regulations?

A double socket with a tumble dryer and dishwasher plugged into it is not really a good idea due to possible overheating of the socket.Also the load will be too great for the 13A fuse in the FCU.
I take you are aware of Part P of the Building Regulations?

Thanks for the note...I now have a local NIC electrican coming to the house on Friday to review this work! Thanks for the prompt response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back