Relay SPDT Four Zone System Wiring Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wiring diagram for a four zone heating system which shows a SPDT (Relay), this is to control two separate heating zones. One for two underfloor heating systems and the other for two additional heating zones.

The controllers are Honeywell ST9500.

Has anyone recommendations for what type of relay to use and what connections? Thanks if anyone can answer this.

Sponsored Links
I dont know about the controller but the usual way to design heating systems is with motorised valves operating as relays using their built in microswitches.

Tony

I have a wiring diagram for a four zone heating system which shows a SPDT (Relay), this is to control two separate heating zones. One for two underfloor heating systems and the other for two additional heating zones.

The controllers are Honeywell ST9500.

Has anyone recommendations for what type of relay to use and what connections? Thanks if anyone can answer this.

You can buy mains relays from Maplins. Otherwise do as Tony says. Have done that before when I needed a 'relay'.

Sponsored Links
Don't know WHY you'd need relays, but I would suggest Industry Standard octal-base plug-in type, in bases which have screw terminals. Some of the bases mount on a DIN rail, and you can get boxes from electrical distributors with rails moulded into the bottom.
Rapid Electronics is competitive.

You could also look at Danfoss relay units, which come in a box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back