Oven, hob & Shower installation in old bungalow in Irela

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Five of us are off to ireland next week to refurb an old Bungalow (painting, tiling, new bathroom etc). It needs an Electric oven/hob & a shower installed.

I havent seen the bungalow yet & dont know the setup on the electrical side. What I was planning on doing was putting in an additional 3 or 4 way CU & running the shower (on a RCBO) & oven/hob off that. What do you reckon ?

I know the original CU might not be up to it but I have to assume it is at the moment & I need to get all the materials over here & take with us & I cant take everything.

Sponsored Links
Good call, Just writing a list out now.

That sounds ok with the new CU dont you think ?

Is it Ulster or Eire the latter has different electrical regs AFAIK similar to IEE

Not sure whether Ulster has part p or not but I think RF has been in Ireland recently

Sponsored Links
Not sure TBH.

I only do work in commercial properties in Ireland, and it is mainly ELV control wiring I deal with over there.

Local sparks put all the mains in place ready for us.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back