Moving toliet pan - extend waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are in the process of a bathroom revamp and want to move the toilet some 700mm. The vertical stack is not really accessible so can we extend the horizontal waste pipe? we can keep the drop ok without having to raise the loo! but can waste pipes simple be joined together? If so what should we ask for at the builders merchants?
cheers
Dave M

Sponsored Links
Dave064 said:
can we extend the horizontal waste pipe?
Yes.

can waste pipes simple be joined together?
Yes.

If so what should we ask for at the builders merchants?
A double socket pipe connector (aka coupling). You can choose between solvent-weld and push-fit ring-seal. If the pipe is going to be concealed then I'd go for solvent-weld.

Could you replace the existing piece with a longer length ?[/quote]

Mike
I would if the vertical pipe was more accessible and I'm assumming that the horizontal pipe is 'welded' into the vertical anyway. Many thanks for the screwfix link.

Rgds

Dave

Sponsored Links
You can choose between solvent-weld and push-fit ring-seal. If the pipe is going to be concealed then I'd go for solvent-weld.[/quote]

Softus
good advice
Cheers
dave

Screwfix?
images

I won't ask!

If I want to prep the bathroom a few days before is there a cap I can fit over the waste pipe or will a strong poly bag taped over the end suffice?
Thanks
Dave

You could buy a cap, but a poly bag and rubber band will work temporarily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back