Baxi Combi 80e pilot light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice.

I'm currently waiting for a Corgi registered heating engineer to come and look at my boiler, but the earliest he can make it is 2 weeks from now (and none of the other reputable engineers locally can make it any earlier!) as there has been a slight leak from the bottom of the boiler housing for a few days.

I must stress at this point, that I am not at all mechanically or electrically minded, so have no intentions of attempting any repairs myself!!

Aside from the leak, since yesterday the pilot light keeps switching off on the boiler (the farthest left neon light flashes). I can reset the boiler by turning the water/off/heating/combi dial to the left and this reignites it, and the boiler fires up again. However, the pilot light soon goes out again (unless I am running the hot taps, when it will remain on until I turn the hot tap off). All the users' manual tell me is that this signifies a fault (get away!!).

I haven't been able to get hold of the engineer as yet, so all I really wanted to know is whether it is safe to continue using the boiler as is for hot water, or whether I should just completely turn it off (and freeze!) until the engineer can get here?

Also, if anyone has any ideas what the problem may be, that would be helpful so I can give the engineer a heads up when I do manage to speak to him.

Thank you in advance!

Jo

Sponsored Links
Jo your problem could be many things, "flame rectification" Low burner pressure setting incorrect" are the usual suspects. ;)

Jo your problem could be many things, "flame rectification" Low burner pressure setting incorrect" are the usual suspects. ;)

Ok - thanks for that!

I'll make a note and mention them to the engineer when I manage to get hold of him (hopefully Monday - hypothermia is setting in already!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back