Ferroli Combi 77 FF Hot Water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All, My problem with my Ferroli Combi 77 FF is that when i turn on the hot water tap the cold water flow switch makes a clicking sound shortly followed by the boiler igniting and after 10 / 15 seconds
I receive V hot water this runs for a short while about 30 seconds or so then boiler flame goes out the water as you would expect goes cold.

If i wait it may reignite and produce hot water if not if i turn the hot tap off and on again the boiler reignites produces hot water then goes off again. This is a vicious cycle can some one please shed any light on this matter .The central heating side works fine. thanks irh

Sponsored Links
I am not going to tell you because to be consistent MOD 10 would delete my posting if I did !!!

You need to call a competent CORGI.

Have you had it serviced properly ever?

Tony

I had it serviced last year. I must confess it is due considering its over 14 years old this is the only major thing to go wrong.

Do i detect this bolier is not on your wish list ...... lol :LOL:

irh

Check the pump is running. Remove centre screw and insert a screwdriver while it should be running. It'll be obvious if it is. (It will let some water out, either way)

Sponsored Links
At that age it needs a proper service, what we call a "heavy service"!

Otherwise problems like yours are likely to occur.

I cannot tell you what they might be because of MOD 10 lurking ready to delete my posts without any explanation other than to repeat a forum rule that "inappropriate advice may be deleted"!!!!!

The dreadful thing is that this unidentified MOD 10 is making judgements on gas matters !!!

Tony

Due to its age im thingking of changing it which cmbi boiler would you recogmend i have 5 double and 1 single radiator & shower

irh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back