Boiler wont fire Potterton Profile 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the first time I have used this site but you seem to have been able to solve most things so I thought I'd try you with my problem.

I have a Potterton Profile 80e last night then heating was on and then just went off. The boiler was calling for heat for both CH and HW but wouldn't fire. Switched off and fired up again the plot lights but continues to spark at the pilot assembly. Does this mean the ignition/detection electrode detector is no longer sensing the flame and therefore prevening the main solenoid from opening to fire the boiler.

Assistance Appreciated

Dave :(

Sponsored Links
Does this mean the ignition/detection electrode detector is no longer sensing the flame and therefore prevening the main solenoid from opening to fire the boiler.

Sounds very much like flame rectification fault ;)

Sponsored Links
It is the piece of "wire" within the flame, could also be the lead or the PCB :cry:

There the pilot burner, the ingnition and then a piece ot metal attached in the flame the wire from this then runs to the pcb

could be as simple as a partially blocked pilot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back