Potterton Profile 80E pilot stays on

raden said:
I wouldn't, because I am a professional and have a clue

although not in standing in front of a dead boiler without a clue

checking the valve with a meter - to see if the solenoid had the correct resistance (although that would be an indication, not an absolute test)
An indication of what. We know the solenoids lifting because he is getting the boiler working doughnut!
The problem is the solenoid is not returning on its seat hence when the gas is turned off only then will the appliance go through an ignition cycle.

Sponsored Links
pannierstan said:
raden said:
I wouldn't, because I am a professional and have a clue

although not in standing in front of a dead boiler without a clue

checking the valve with a meter - to see if the solenoid had the correct resistance (although that would be an indication, not an absolute test)
An indication of what. We know the solenoids lifting because he is getting the boiler working doughnut!
The problem is the solenoid is not returning on its seat hence when the gas is turned off only then will the appliance go through an ignition cycle.

We had moved on to a profile problem, stantheman

... just in case you hadn't noticed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back