120,000 ft dive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a guy is going to attempt the worlds highest sky dive, he will have to wear a pressurised suit as the temperature will be -100c

he will be falling for 7 minutes approx

he faces speeds of up to and over 770mph (sound barrier) the fastest any human will travel without being in an aircraft

steve truglia truley a man with big *******s!

his previous world record attempts include being the man longest on fire over 2 half mins. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Truglia may find this guy's under garments a little on the large side... Click for Joe W K

Not only the high jump, but plenty more ....
;)

I think I'll take a leisurely stroll down to the shops later on, I may even chance walking on the lines between the paving stones if i feel daring and all without the aid of a safety net or harness.

some people are just born with nerves of steel, if you think about it though the 24 mile jump the parachute must be made of some pretty sturdy stuff, if like they say he will be falling at over 770mph it must go through his mind, i hope this ****er opens! :LOL:

nerves of steel and s*** for brains.

jefoss
some of us 'do' stuff, and some of us admire thrill seeking americans.

SPLAT!!!

splat.jpg

By the time he's ready for opening the chute, he won't be going any faster than any other parachutist. No need for a SPLAT solo. Dodgy pic by the way. :eek:

Quite true, terminal velocity in the lower altitudes tops out at about 200 mph.

And, he won't break the sound barrier during freefall BTW, you need propulsion to overcome the shock wave (its not called a barrier without good reason) ;)

MW

Quite true, terminal velocity in the lower altitudes tops out at about 200 mph.

And, he won't break the sound barrier during freefall BTW, you need propulsion to overcome the shock wave (its not called a barrier without good reason) ;)

MW

Utter nonsense, their is no barrier, thats just a description.

Trazor ... I've news for you ... All those stupid thoughts you keep hearing in your head are starting to come out your mouth.

As an object approaches the speed of sound shock waves form on its leading surfaces at 90 degrees to the plane of attack and increase its drag coefficient significantly ... And hence the term barrier which, although it was orginally named prior to the speed of sound being broken (when it was believed to be a physical thing), is still used today in the aeronautical industry as it requires an additional force to overcome its effects.

As I've said, an object will not break the speed of sound under the force of gravity alone it needs propulsion to overcome the increase in drag which becomes significant the closer you get to the barrier.

If you wish to debate aeronautical engineering with me I'm more than happy to do so but you'd better do some reading (or at least Google a bit) first rather than simply making crass uninformed statements like the previous one.

MW

To pass through the "sound barrier" requires no more thrust than at any other point in its acceleration, before or after.

Quoted from the Wiki......

"As the science of high-speed flight became more widely understood, a number of changes led to the eventual disappearance of the "sound barrier"."

Sponsored Links
Back