Window Lock - Only opens quarter way.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Havnt been in my new house for too long so havnt got a chance to open all the windows yet, what with the wether and everything.

But recently i tried to open one of the windows in the bathroom. The top small one opens no problem. The bigger one however seemed to be locked. So i tried to unlock it with the key and it only turns a quarter turn, as opposed to a half turn which should open the window.

Hence im stuck with a window that i cant open. Iv tried quite hard with the key to turn it the rest of the quarter, but i think the key will break before the lock opens.

Any ideas?

Anything i can use to try and grease the lock from the inside?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hope i can get this to work, but hopefully here are some pics.

This is of the window in question, note the top window opens, but the big window wont as the lock is stuck:-

P2270024.jpg

The type of locks:-

P2270027.jpg

The key itself, if you cant see what it says, it has stamped on it "Securi Style 905". If that makes sense to someone:-

P2270028.jpg

This is of the whole key:-

P2270030.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hopefully the images above will help. But if you need to see anything else then please just ask.

All i want is for this window to open.

So looking at this lock, can anything be done without having to get someone out to it or without the hassle of replacing it?

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back