Security Floodlight With Bayonet Or Screw In Bulbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there such a thing as a security floodlight with a bayonet or screw fitting? Can't find them anywhere. We currently have the small floodlight types on the front & back of the house with halogen bulbs which are on dusk til dawn sensors to provide extra lighting for the CCTV cameras we have. But I'm very conscious of the cost of having them on so much, so if these lights are available with standard fittings that would be great as I could put energy bulbs in them. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Lyco, for example, supply low energy floodlights such as this one, as well as SON lights.

But why add to all the light pollution that's ruining our night skies?

Lyco, for example, supply low energy floodlights such as this one, as well as SON lights.

But why add to all the light pollution that's ruining our night skies?

Thanks for your reply, they look just the ticket, 52 watts is better than 100w halogen I should think. Been looking for low energy halogen bulbs as a simple replacement but don't think they exist yet.

I want the outside lights for 3 reasons - to aid getting the car on the drive, for security, and as extra illumination for the CCTV cameras. As far as security goes, the brighter an area is at night time the better!

As far as security goes, the brighter an area is at night time the better!

I would disagree (but there again security is my field)

can you not put them on motion sensors instead?

Sponsored Links
As far as security goes, the brighter an area is at night time the better!

I would disagree (but there again security is my field)

can you not put them on motion sensors instead?

I've tried the sensor type, but find them to be too inconsistent as to when they are triggered and/or too limiting with the range.
I'm amazed that anyone would argue as to whether a lit area is more secure than a dark one. After all, most burglaries are attemped at night, when its....dark! Get the police round for a security check for example, they'll tell you to get an alarm, window locks, and (amongst several other things) security lights! When you park your car at night using a car park you'd be after parking in a lit area, you wouldn't go for the dingiest darkest spot now would you?

Are the lights from Lyco that have been suggested to me the most economic to run can anyone tell me please as I'm thinking of getting a couple of those. Thanks

Just wondering, does anyone know of any other energy efficient security lights. Thanx.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back