Triton 2.2 Bar pump running 2 showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

As per the title, will it be OK to plump the pump into two showers? Dont imagine both showers would be running at the same time, just need better performance on each one!

Question regarding the plumbing:

Each shower is in a bathroom and en-suite which are side by side, with a large platerboard wall with a nice gap to take the pipework! My plan is to site the pump in the airing cupboard opposite side of landing, take the cold feed from the tank in the loft down to the pump, and the hot feed from the top of the top of the cylinder into the pump.
Then take the hot and cold up into the loft on flexible Hep20 across landing down the partition wall and then tee off to each shower.

There is already a feed from the bottom of the CWS feeding the en-suite shower, the bath shower is from a mixer/bath taps and am planning to just tee off the pump pipework to the bath taps and cap off the original supplies.

Do you think this will work ok?

Any water regs I need to be aware of?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Seco, dont think the gravity flow will be a problem, getting a shower (although pretty carp) from the mixer shower at the moment.

So teeing off from the hot and cold pump feeds to two showers should work ok?

Thanks for your advice, always appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
running two showers & teeing not a problem just remember your running your pipes up and over the top so your loosing your static head for flow.
triton 2.2 mi stae 1m static head. ;)

running two showers & teeing not a problem just remember your running your pipes up and over the top so your loosing your static head for flow.
triton 2.2 mi state 1m static head. ;)

Is the 1m static head to the pump, or to the taps showe after the pump?

Not sure thats makes sense, but I would have about 1m fall from the HWC to the pump and the fall from the CWS to the pump would be about 3m I would think.

Again, not sure thats makes sense :eek:

Thanks chap,

The shower head is and will be beyond 1m of the surface water of the CWS. all pipework will be below the CWS but only by about 6" as its raised slightly on the joists in the loft.

thanks for all the info.

Having second thoughts on this pump, have spoken to Triton and they say that it SHOULD work OK but cant guarantee it. But they have also mentioned that its not a continuous rated pump and rated at 15mins and 45mins off :cry: and by plumbing into bath/mixer and another shower, this would more than likely cause a problem...

This will not be fit for the job, so was thinking of a better pump, have found one in screwfix, 3.0 bar, works on Negative and positive head situations and has a continuous rating, but its nearly £400...............

Is there a cheaper option around?

Many thanks

they are all quite exspensive, in most cases i only use a salamander or stuart turner pumps.

Seco, would you mind recommending a Salamander pump suitable for what I am trying to do? Do not want to overkill!

Based on routing the pipework up into the loft, I assume a negative and positive head pump would do the job?

Was looking at the ESP100 Salamander model from ScrewFix, but will 3.0 bar be to much!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back