Central Heating OK but temperamental Hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a Vaillant Turbo Max VUW242/1E; 240 KW; 80,000BTUs

The central heating works ok but hot water is only available when central heating is ON. Even then, after 5-6 open-and-shut of hot water tap, there is no hot water. I have to reset boiler, only then hot water is available, again only for 5-6 open/shut of hot water tap.

Is this a problem with the valve? Which valve? Is this something that I requires a qualified Plumber?
Also how much will a plumber normally charge for this. I am happy to get a good plumber in who knows his stuff. And does he have to be Corgi regd?

Or could this be an issue with the timer? I have obtained a Honeywell timer STC600 but not sure if this will go with Vaillant boiler

Pls advice
regards
Amod

Sponsored Links
HI

it sounds like the diverter valve is faulty

Most likely to be hw diaphragm.

On lower rhs behind pump you should be able to see a small switch on side of diverter valve.
When hot tap opened, can you see a white paddle move down to this switch?

Sponsored Links
true ive come across approx equal amounts of both when they first came out and always changed both as well as the plastic water section ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back