Worcester 350 Combi boiler hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler central heating runs just fine. When we run the hot water with or without the heating on, the water gets hot then the boiler turns off. Only by waiting some 15 mins can I reset the button at the top of the boiler to get it going. I suspect the water is too hot and the cut out is acting as it should. But how do I make the water stay under the cut off point. Two BG engineers have serviced in in the last year but cannot find the fault. Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
With the boiler cold, check the resistance of the green temperature sensors.

I think they should be about 10K but check the manual to confirm that. In any case they should both be the same resistance at the same cold temperature.

Tony

Hi Toni,

I am afraid I am not an engineer and would not know how to test the resistance or where to find the location. I wondered if it might be the water pump since I understand this boiler has two; one for the CH and another for the Hot Wate Supply.

A routine BG "service" is only a safety check and even a proper service would often not pick it up as few people would run the DHW for very long on test.

I would suggest you may need to call a competent heating engineer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If there is a problem and you have a BG contract DONT wait for the service as this is only a general check over to make sure the appliance is safe as Agile said.

Get BG back out for a breakdown visit...they will check the appliance, I would be checking the gas rate is fully modulating on HW and after that prob change thermistors and overheat stat, possibly could be an intermittantly jamming pump.

Thanks guys,

I will call out the BG engineer to look at it and let you all know what happens.

Drew

swap pumps round .if hot water then works and heating dont, then hey presto.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back