Bathroom extractor connected to a SENSOR switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys
need some help and advice,
i am fitting one of these new Bathroom sensor switches to turn on the lights and Bathroom extractor,
the diagram for the sensor shows as follows,
live and neutral into a DOUBLE POLE ISOLATION switch and then live and Neutral into the bathroom switch controller, from the switch controller we have the sensor pad wires and a live and neutral out put to the lamps,
the fan is then connected to the live from the lamps and Neutral going to the bathroom switch controller,

1) why on a double pole isolation switch!

2) isolation switch, is it best to turn this off when not in the bathroom
or can the isolation switch be left on permanently!

al

Sponsored Links
isolator to be sure, yes leave it on its only for isolating.

electric showers should have one, but you never turn it off, like wise ordainairy extractor fans have one, they dont get used much

Breezer thanks for the lightening response,

this may sound dumb, but would it be ok to put the Isolation switch in the
loft,

al

not really, but what the hell, so long as its right next to the fan

Sponsored Links
the fan is then connected to the live from the lamps and Neutral going to the bathroom switch controller

So there is a live to the fan when the light is on & the switching is done through the neutral? :eek:

believe it or not, most disco lighting controllers do switch the neutral

The only reason i was thinking about the loft is simply because i don't really have a place to put it out side the bathroom, this bathroom is part of a new extension on the front corner of the house 2.7 walls are external and 1 wall with another bathroom directly the otherside, only leaving the doorway in to the bathroom,
other than the loft i could route the wires over the next bathroom and down the wall and put it next to the isolation switch for that bathroom,
cable distance from the fan to the switch would be approx 18 feet

al

that would be worse, its supposed to be adjacent the fan. the way i read your post you are saying put it near another switch for a differnt room

Hi guys, sorry to hijack this thread a little but I'm just refitting our bathroom and I'm looking for some kind of sensor light switch as I'd prefer not to have a pull-cord and to avoid fittng a new switch outside the room.

I was wondering, allbag, what switch you have and where you got it from. The only thing I've seen which seems to come close is from www.sensor.co.uk but I can't believe that's the only one in existence!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back